The cocktail resurgence is in full swing, and one of the most fun parts of editing this site is getting a chance to check out the latest concoctions from talented bartenders all across the country. (Ok, you're right, it's also fun to declare it Tequila Tuesday and mix up a roundup-full of new drink recipes in the office.)
This year we checked out a bunch of cool distilleries, learned how to make our own Irish Cream, limoncello, and ginger liqueur, developed our knowledge of cocktail basics, and drank our way through the cheap stuff. Here are 2011's top 15 most popular posts in cocktails and spirits, based on unique page visitors. Cheers!
Go Straight to the Posts
1. From Behind the Bar: On Vodka Sodas and First Dates
2. 9 Classic New Orleans Cocktails
3. From Behind the Bar: My Cocktail Costs How Much?
4. 10 Awesome Tequila Cocktails To Make At Home
5. 8 Summer Cocktails from The Spotted Pig in NYC
6. From Behind the Bar: So You Want to Be a Bartender
7. Drinking the Bottom Shelf: Evan Williams Bourbon vs. Jack Daniel's
8. Our Search for the Best Margarita Mix
9. Cocktail 101: How to Stock a Home Bar
10. Our Search for the Best Bloody Mary Mix
11. Cocktail 101: Five Essential Bourbon Cocktails
12. 5 Herb-Infused Cocktails from Craftbar in NYC (And How to Make Them At Home)
13. 9 Gin Cocktails For Royals and Muggles Alike
14. Cocktail 101: How to Make Shrub Syrups
15. Stocking Your Home Bar: Rye Whiskey Advice From the Experts
All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. We may earn a commission on purchases, as described in our affiliate policy.