If you spend any time at all in bars, you've had an encounter with a bartender who drives you nuts. Maybe they're ignoring all their customers except those two cute girls in cocktail dresses; maybe they raise an eyebrow when you mispronounce a liquor name—maybe it's just their attitude. We asked 18 bartenders what behavior drives them nuts. Here's what they had to say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- 18 Party-Friendly Burger and Sandwich Recipes for July 4th
- How to Make Real-Deal Cuban Sandwiches
- How Hot Is Too Hot? Adam Savage and The Food Lab Sear Steaks to Find Out
- The Food Lab: Finding My Mojo With Cuban-Style Roast Pork
- The Food Lab: A Mind-Blowing Technique for Cleaning Deep-Fry Oil Using Gelatin