If you spend any time at all in bars, you've had an encounter with a bartender who drives you nuts. Maybe they're ignoring all their customers except those two cute girls in cocktail dresses; maybe they raise an eyebrow when you mispronounce a liquor name—maybe it's just their attitude. We asked 18 bartenders what behavior drives them nuts. Here's what they had to say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 2): 25 Delicious Side Dishes for Labor Day
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Hey Chef, What Can I Do With Black Garlic?