This time of year, it's easy to feel like you should always be grilling. Got fava beans? Asparagus? Throw them on the grill. Chicken? Who roasts anymore? Steak? Obvious choice. But grilling adds a layer of flavor to food, and the best drink accompaniment will be different than if you prepared these ingredients another way. A little char, a little smoke...those are flavors that wine can latch onto. We asked 14 sommeliers for their grilling-season wine advice. Which wines are best with grilled food? Here's what they had to say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Everything You Can Do With a Can of Coconut Milk