Some jumped over from the kitchen; some quit unfulfilling jobs to get behind the bar; some always knew they'd want to bartend. We asked 16 bartenders when they realized they wanted this career for themselves. Here's what they had to say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- What Is American Cheese, Anyway?
- The Food Lab: How to Make the Best Pork Satay I've Ever Had
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Smoky Sous Vide Pulled Pork Shoulder
- The Food Lab: A Mind-Blowing Technique for Cleaning Deep-Fry Oil Using Gelatin
- Classic Blueberry Muffins: Fast, Simple, and None Too Sweet