Some jumped over from the kitchen; some quit unfulfilling jobs to get behind the bar; some always knew they'd want to bartend. We asked 16 bartenders when they realized they wanted this career for themselves. Here's what they had to say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Why a Control State Liquor Store Might Be Your Best Bet for Finding Rare and Interesting Spirits
- Mortar and Pestle + Food Processor = Great Curry Paste, Fast
- No Brine, No Heat: Easy Pickled Onions in Just 15 Minutes
- What Is American Cheese, Anyway?
- Special Sauce: How Roy Choi Plans to Change the World