A BYOB restaurant is a beautiful thing; it's also fun to get takeout and be able to open wine from your own collection or favorite wine shop. But if Chinese food is on the menu, which bottles should you pop? Depends on if you're eating Mapo tofu or Peking duck, dan dan noodles, dumplings, or delicate seafood preparations. We asked 14 sommeliers for their wine pairing advice. What's the most delicious wine to pair with Chinese food? Here's what they had to say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- 24 Creamy, Melty, Cheesy Recipes to Warm Your Belly
- The Food Lab: 15-Minute Ultra-Gooey Stovetop Mac and Cheese
- Can Cinder, the World's Most Precise Griddle, Replace Sous-Vide?
- Forget Soaking. Use Your Pressure Cooker for Perfect Black Beans in Under an Hour.
- These Toasted Baguette Croutons Are Better Than Most Crackers