A BYOB restaurant is a beautiful thing; it's also fun to get takeout and be able to open wine from your own collection or favorite wine shop. But if Chinese food is on the menu, which bottles should you pop? Depends on if you're eating Mapo tofu or Peking duck, dan dan noodles, dumplings, or delicate seafood preparations. We asked 14 sommeliers for their wine pairing advice. What's the most delicious wine to pair with Chinese food? Here's what they had to say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- The Delicious Secret Behind Your Favorite Whiskey: The Best Spirits from MGP
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef