We usually drink beer with Mexican food: sometimes a crisp lager, sometimes a hoppy IPA or a roasty stout (especially with mole...yum!) But there are pairings to be found in the world of wine as well, whether you're talking about a tart Sauvignon Blanc or a gamey Syrah. Which wines work well with a plate of juicy carnitas or a carne asada burrito? We asked 17 sommeliers for their advice. Here's what they had to say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Summer Vegetable Lasagna With Zucchini, Squash, Eggplant, and Tomato