We usually drink beer with Mexican food: sometimes a crisp lager, sometimes a hoppy IPA or a roasty stout (especially with mole...yum!) But there are pairings to be found in the world of wine as well, whether you're talking about a tart Sauvignon Blanc or a gamey Syrah. Which wines work well with a plate of juicy carnitas or a carne asada burrito? We asked 17 sommeliers for their advice. Here's what they had to say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- The Burrito Goes Global With Chicken Vindaloo
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 3): 27 Labor Day Desserts to Save Room For