We usually drink beer with Mexican food: sometimes a crisp lager, sometimes a hoppy IPA or a roasty stout (especially with mole...yum!) But there are pairings to be found in the world of wine as well, whether you're talking about a tart Sauvignon Blanc or a gamey Syrah. Which wines work well with a plate of juicy carnitas or a carne asada burrito? We asked 17 sommeliers for their advice. Here's what they had to say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special-Occasion Breakfast: Challah French Toast With Orange and Rum