We usually drink beer with Mexican food: sometimes a crisp lager, sometimes a hoppy IPA or a roasty stout (especially with mole...yum!) But there are pairings to be found in the world of wine as well, whether you're talking about a tart Sauvignon Blanc or a gamey Syrah. Which wines work well with a plate of juicy carnitas or a carne asada burrito? We asked 17 sommeliers for their advice. Here's what they had to say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants
- Cookbook Love Letter: Anne Willan's La Varenne Pratique
- The Food Lab: Follow the Rules for the Best All-American Beef Stew