Candles, flamed citrus peels, flaming shots if you're a little less classy—in a bar, there are endless opportunities for conflagration. We asked 12 bartenders whether they'd ever had a fire disaster in their bars. Here's what they had to say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter