Candles, flamed citrus peels, flaming shots if you're a little less classy—in a bar, there are endless opportunities for conflagration. We asked 12 bartenders whether they'd ever had a fire disaster in their bars. Here's what they had to say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Grilled Oysters Are Better With Butter: How to Make the Best Barbecued Oysters
- What Is American Cheese, Anyway?
- Why a Control State Liquor Store Might Be Your Best Bet for Finding Rare and Interesting Spirits
- No Brine, No Heat: Easy Pickled Onions in Just 15 Minutes
- How Hot Is Too Hot? Adam Savage and The Food Lab Sear Steaks to Find Out