Candles, flamed citrus peels, flaming shots if you're a little less classy—in a bar, there are endless opportunities for conflagration. We asked 12 bartenders whether they'd ever had a fire disaster in their bars. Here's what they had to say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- It's Always Morning Somewhere: My Favorite Breakfasts Around the World
- The Easy Way to Make Fresh Corn Tortillas at Home
- My Cookie Obsession: Tender, Melting, Gooey Alfajores
- The Foolproof Steps to Making a Perfect French Omelette at Home
- Marinate Tough Greens, Use Fresh Herbs, and More Pro Tips for Better Salads