Candles, flamed citrus peels, flaming shots if you're a little less classy—in a bar, there are endless opportunities for conflagration. We asked 12 bartenders whether they'd ever had a fire disaster in their bars. Here's what they had to say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- We Aged Eggnog for 1 Year to See if It's Worth the Wait
- The Better, Faster Way to Freeze and Defrost Your Foods
- Step Aside, McRib Sandwich: The Food Lab's Ribby McRibface Just Stole Your Glory
- How to Make Boston Baked Beans, the Low, Slow, Old-Fashioned Way
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous Vide Halibut