I'd have to think that while inventing cocktails is an exciting, creative part of a bartender's job, naming them is just as fun. Sometimes you go simple, sometimes punny; sometimes historical, sometimes long-winded. We asked 17 bartenders about the best cocktail name they've ever come up with. Here's what they had to say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Special Sauce: Dinosaur BBQ's John Stage on His Unlikely Path to Pitmaster