I'd have to think that while inventing cocktails is an exciting, creative part of a bartender's job, naming them is just as fun. Sometimes you go simple, sometimes punny; sometimes historical, sometimes long-winded. We asked 17 bartenders about the best cocktail name they've ever come up with. Here's what they had to say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- 22 Supermarket Items You Should Leave on the Shelf (and What to Get Instead)
- Rethinking Vinaigrettes: The Case for Dropping the Acid
- Making Nachos for the Super Bowl? Here Are the Essentials
- Flip the Script on Al Pastor With Bacon-Wrapped-Roasted-Pineapple Tacos