It can be intimidating to stare down a restaurant wine list, especially if the prices are mostly out of your range. But you want to drink something tasty—what should you look for in order to get a good deal? Is it smart to order the cheapest bottle on the list? The second-cheapest bottle? Is there something else we should be looking for to find the best wine for the money? We asked 16 top sommeliers for their advice. Check out the slideshow for their tips »
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- What Is American Cheese, Anyway?
- Grilled Oysters Are Better With Butter: How to Make the Best Barbecued Oysters
- The Perfect Blueberry Pie: Fast, Easy, and Totally Reliable
- No Brine, No Heat: Easy Pickled Onions in Just 15 Minutes
- Why I Prefer Teaspoons to Grams: 6 Measuring Mistakes That Derail Dessert