While some spirits and mixers never go out of style, other elements of cocktails might be more recent discoveries. Czech clove liqueur and cardamom syrup, housemade lime cordial and overproof spirits—all sorts of ingredients are appearing in drinks these days. We asked 14 bartenders about ingredients that get them excited. Here's what they had to say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- It's Always Morning Somewhere: My Favorite Breakfasts Around the World
- The Easy Way to Make Fresh Corn Tortillas at Home
- The Food Lab's American Omelettes (and Why You Should Salt Your Eggs in Advance)
- My Cookie Obsession: Tender, Melting, Gooey Alfajores
- The Foolproof Steps to Making a Perfect French Omelette at Home