While some spirits and mixers never go out of style, other elements of cocktails might be more recent discoveries. Czech clove liqueur and cardamom syrup, housemade lime cordial and overproof spirits—all sorts of ingredients are appearing in drinks these days. We asked 14 bartenders about ingredients that get them excited. Here's what they had to say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Crimes Against Pizza: An Opinionated Guide to Not Messing Up Your Pie
- Chengdu Taste is the Best Sichuan Restaurant in America. Here's What to Order.
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Everything You Can Do With a Can of Coconut Milk