While some spirits and mixers never go out of style, other elements of cocktails might be more recent discoveries. Czech clove liqueur and cardamom syrup, housemade lime cordial and overproof spirits—all sorts of ingredients are appearing in drinks these days. We asked 14 bartenders about ingredients that get them excited. Here's what they had to say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Story of Carolina Gold, the Best Rice You've Never Tasted
- The Best Sautéed Broccoli Rabe Is Overcooked Broccoli Rabe
- 30-Minute Meal Plan: Quick and Simple Recipes to Free Up a Busy Week
- The Yucatecan Secret for Adding Crispy, Cheesy Flavor to Any Taco
- How to Make Rich, Flavorful Caramel Without Melting Sugar