While some spirits and mixers never go out of style, other elements of cocktails might be more recent discoveries. Czech clove liqueur and cardamom syrup, housemade lime cordial and overproof spirits—all sorts of ingredients are appearing in drinks these days. We asked 14 bartenders about ingredients that get them excited. Here's what they had to say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Trial by Fire: My Life With the Culinary Director of Serious Eats
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Cookbook Love Letter: Jacques Pépin's Complete Techniques
- Making Nachos for the Super Bowl? Here Are the Essentials