While some spirits and mixers never go out of style, other elements of cocktails might be more recent discoveries. Czech clove liqueur and cardamom syrup, housemade lime cordial and overproof spirits—all sorts of ingredients are appearing in drinks these days. We asked 14 bartenders about ingredients that get them excited. Here's what they had to say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Shakshuka: A Template for Breakfast, Dinner, and Every Meal in Between
- How the Science of Salt Can Improve Your Tomatoes
- The Better, Faster Way to Freeze and Defrost Your Foods
- We Aged Eggnog for 1 Year to See if It's Worth the Wait
- Don't Blame the Humidity: How "Room Temperature" Can Ruin a Pie Dough