While some spirits and mixers never go out of style, other elements of cocktails might be more recent discoveries. Czech clove liqueur and cardamom syrup, housemade lime cordial and overproof spirits—all sorts of ingredients are appearing in drinks these days. We asked 14 bartenders about ingredients that get them excited. Here's what they had to say.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Video: Use Your Cast Iron Pan and a Tortilla for Extra-Crispy Pizza in Just 12 Minutes
- Seekh Kebabs: The Grilled, Spiced Pakistani Meat-on-a-Stick of Your Dreams
- What "Selling Out" Allows a Craft Brewery to Do
- Fire Up the Grill for Vietnamese Caramelized Lemongrass Pork Chops
- Dinner in 20: For the Best Fried Chicken Cutlets, Use Clarified Butter