You drink with your eyes first. Whether it's gorgeous glassware or vivid colors or a fancy garnish, we have to admit that we're taken in by how a drink looks before we even get to sip it. This past year we've seen some really lovely cocktails (and lovely cocktail photography from the fantastic SE photo team). Check out the slideshow for 16 of the prettiest drinks we tried in 2012.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- How to Make Okonomiyaki: Japanese Comfort, Any Way You Like It
- Why You'll Never Find Unbleached Cake Flour in My Pantry
- It's Always Morning Somewhere: My Favorite Breakfasts Around the World
- Why Preserved Lemons Belong on Your Shelf
- Marinate Tough Greens, Use Fresh Herbs, and More Pro Tips for Better Salads