1. Three Kale Juice Recipes We Love
We focus a lot on alcoholic drinks around these parts, but the single most popular post we published in 2012 was booze-free: 3 great recipes for homemade kale juice blends, all delicious ways to drink the green stuff. (We especially love it mixed with mint and sweet parsnip juice!)
2. How to Make Cold Brew Coffee
Expert tips for making great cold-brew always come in handy in warmer weather.
3. Bottom Shelf Beer: Bud Light Platinum vs. Bud Light
Will Gordon put the new Bud Light Platinum to the test against standard Bud Light. He was surprised how easy it was to tell the difference!
4. The Serious Eats Guide to Single Malt Scotch
5. Ten Bourbon Cocktail Recipes We Love
10 awesome bourbon cocktail recipes tested and tasted at Serious Eats Headquarters. (Yes, it is a fun part of the job.)
6. The Serious Eats Guide to Bourbon
Everything you need to know about bourbon production, history, and what's going on with the spirit now, from Michael Dietsch, our Cocktail 101 columnist.
7. Ask A Bartender: What's Your Least Favorite Drink To Make?
Tons of folks tune in each week to read what our bartender friends have to say, but the most popular subject was about which drinks they hate to make. Spoiler: you won't make friends with the bartender by ordering a hot tea.
8. How to Steam Milk at Home
A couple of tricks to help you up your cappuccino ante.
9. Seven Ways To Spike Your Hot Chocolate
Hot chocolate is delicious on its own, but these variations really add something special. Try the salted hot butterscotch or go with bacon, bourbon, and hazelnut hot cocoa.
10. Is Avion (The Tequila On Entourage) Any Good?
Vince and his friends on Entourage really, really like Avion. So we gave it a try.
Bonus: 10 Awesome Tequila Cocktails To Make At Home
In fact, the most popular post of 2012 wasn't published in 2012; we wrote it to celebrate Cinco de Mayo in 2011. But great tequila cocktail recipes never go out of style, and these are winners any time of year.