We have a big beer-drinking team here at Serious Eats: Drinks—not just myself and the other editors at SE World Headquarters, but also Serious Beer writers Jonathan Moxey and Nick Leiby, Homebrewing experts Joe Postma and Peter Reed, plus our beer history maven Lisa Grimm and events photographer and cider writer Chris Lehault. I polled them all to find out their top sips of 2011, from special limited festival pours to pitch-perfect standby bottles. Here are the best beers and ciders we drank in 2011—but what about you? What are the best beers (and ciders) you tried this year?
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- The Food Lab: These Fried Chicken Sandwiches Take Only 5 Ingredients to Make
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous-Vide Chicken Breast
- How I Built a Barbecue Restaurant in Brooklyn: One Year Later