We have a big beer-drinking team here at Serious Eats: Drinks—not just myself and the other editors at SE World Headquarters, but also Serious Beer writers Jonathan Moxey and Nick Leiby, Homebrewing experts Joe Postma and Peter Reed, plus our beer history maven Lisa Grimm and events photographer and cider writer Chris Lehault. I polled them all to find out their top sips of 2011, from special limited festival pours to pitch-perfect standby bottles. Here are the best beers and ciders we drank in 2011—but what about you? What are the best beers (and ciders) you tried this year?
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide
- Why Jianbing is China's Most Popular Street Breakfast