If you can't make it to Bourbon Street this year, you can still celebrate Mardi Gras at home. Here are nine New Orleans cocktails to mix up for Fat Tuesday (and any day you want to drink something delicious.) The Big Easy is rich with cocktail history; some of these New Orleans originals were among the first true cocktails.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- The Food Lab: The Best Goulash (Hungarian Beef and Paprika Stew)
- Stew Science: Why You Shouldn't Cook Your Beef All Day
- Special Sauce: Pete Wells on Writing, Ketchup, and 2-Star Restaurants
- Special Sauce: Carla Hall on Crank Calls, Hot Chicken, and Unlocking Your Creativity
- 7 Great Uses for a Fine-Mesh Strainer (Besides Straining)