Combine sugar, yeast, root beer extract, and cold water in a large jug, shake the jug, let it sit for a few days at room temperature, and cool it in the refrigerator—ta da, homemade root beer! Basically. For more detailed instructions, check out this video from Howcast, after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- A Summer Vegetable Lasagna That's Light (but Not Too Light)
- McDonald's Killed Burger King's McWhopper, so We Made it Ourselves
- The Delicious Secret Behind Your Favorite Whiskey: The Best Spirits from MGP
- The Best Peach Cobbler Is Also a Simple Peach Cobbler
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide