Combine sugar, yeast, root beer extract, and cold water in a large jug, shake the jug, let it sit for a few days at room temperature, and cool it in the refrigerator—ta da, homemade root beer! Basically. For more detailed instructions, check out this video from Howcast, after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Charcoal Versus Gas Grills: The Definitive Guide
- The Burrito Goes Global With Chicken Vindaloo
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- Ideas in Food's Best Japanese-Style Fried Chicken Just Happens to Be Gluten-Free
- Send Off Summer Right (Part 3): 27 Labor Day Desserts to Save Room For