Combine sugar, yeast, root beer extract, and cold water in a large jug, shake the jug, let it sit for a few days at room temperature, and cool it in the refrigerator—ta da, homemade root beer! Basically. For more detailed instructions, check out this video from Howcast, after the jump.
Serious Eats Newsletters
Popular on Serious Eats
- Lomo al Trapo: The Colombian Technique That Will Change the Way You Grill Beef
- The Food Lab: These Fried Chicken Sandwiches Take Only 5 Ingredients to Make
- How to Not F#&k Up a Caprese Salad
- The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous-Vide Chicken Breast
- How I Built a Barbecue Restaurant in Brooklyn: One Year Later